It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Shooter loses thumb, warning to all revolver fans

All you need to know about gun safety (and then some)

Shooter loses thumb, warning to all revolver fans

Postby rgs1975 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:05 am

This guy straight up blew his thum off by placing it near the cylinder gap. It's something we all should know not to do but just in case this is a vivid reminder of what happens when you don't treat firearms with the respect they demand.

Warning: Extremely graphic photos

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=664580&page=17

This link is a video test with a hotdog demonstrating how the accident happened and the results of multiple calibers.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=665218
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
rgs1975

Postby moulton » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

saw that the other day.... :shock: :( :oops: When I let someone shoot my ruger I am going to show them that pic
moulton

Postby The Big Dog » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 pm

A .460 S&W will do that.

Anyone see the photos of the guy who ND'ed his own leg with a 1911 loaded with Hydra-Shock?

Both of those are really painful lessons for anyone to have to learn.
"A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. "
The Big Dog

Postby moulton » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:31 pm

The Big Dog wrote:A .460 S&W will do that.

Anyone see the photos of the guy who ND'ed his own leg with a 1911 loaded with Hydra-Shock?

Both of those are really painful lessons for anyone to have to learn.

Here is another accident I hope would never happen to me.....

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=25739.0
First off I'm going to stipulate that I know I'm an idiot, I know how lucky I am, I've already been scolded by everyone I know and I fully expect to hear from ya'll as well.

On Sat. Feb 24 I was at my house with a friend of mine. We were trying to figure out how to take a gun away from someone who was a couple feet away. We were using my Glock 19 with an empty chamber and (here's the stupid bit) a loaded mag. The reason for the loaded mag was because the gun is muzzle heavy without the mag.
Well all was well for about ten minutes of this, and then when I went to twist the gun out of my friend's hands it discharged. The round went through a flap of my scrotum, entered my right leg, missed all of the bones/veins/arteries/nerves etc. in my leg and exited about five inches below my butt. Looks like God was keeping a close eye on me that day.
I was taken to the hospital by ambulance, got out last Tuesday and am finally up and walking around today.
I still don't know how the round got chambered, and I doubt I'll ever find out. But that was a little more excitement than I'd been looking for.
:shock:
moulton

Postby The Big Dog » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:58 pm

Taking a round is not something I ever want to do. But I ESPECIALLY don't want to take one through the wobblies.

Yeeeeooooowch

Here is the story, with photos, ND with the .45 mentioned above. Proves yet again that there is no such thing as too much care and caution.
"A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. "
The Big Dog

Return to Safety Central (Read Me First)