It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:52 pm

New AR!!

All questions, comments, and talk pertaining to rifles.

New AR!!

Postby badogg » Fri May 11, 2012 10:41 am

Been a long time since i've posted here, had kid so guns kind of took a back seat for a bit. He's now 3 and I now have a little spare time on occasion and got a nice Bonus at work. So I bought an AR. I got a Smith & Wesson M&P 15.

I first went to B2 Enterprises and the first guy I talked to was real nice. Had a long pony tail, very friendly. I left to think about what I wanted to do. So I went back a couple of days later and talked to another guy and he was a total jerk and just acted like I was the biggest bother in his life. Telling me garbage like if I wanted Iron sights, iron sights are going to be at least 200.00 to 300.00 dollars more! So I just walked out. Went back that evening, talked to a third guy and I was ready to hand over my credit card to spend over 1k on a new stag AR. Response "Sorry, we don't do paperwork after 5pm otherwise we'll have to stay late. You can pay for it now, but will have to come back to fill out the paperwork". WTF?? So I told him forget it. So I went up to Schmidt & Titoni Firearms in Santa Rosa. REALLY nice people. I might have paid a little bit more for it, but I'll pay a little more to be treated like a person every day.

Oh, and what do you know, you can get sights for about 60.00 front and rear.

I'm on the 10 day wait now, pick up on the 22nd. :D
badogg

Re: New AR!!

Postby carcassxd » Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 am

Congrats! I'll be in the market for something similar in .308 soon.
carcassxd
Site Admin

Postby badogg » Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 am

Got it last night, here she is in all her glory:

I can already tell I'm going to want a better grip.

Question though, this is my first rifle with a magazine, I loaded it up last night to see how to load the rounds in to the mag and it was kind of difficult. One, the catch at the top seemed like it was ready to slice my thumb open, and two when I got to round 8, 9, and especially 10 it was REALLY hard to get them in there. Is that normal?
badogg

Postby carcassxd » Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 am

Definitely normal. The mag spring will loosen up a bit after some use.
carcassxd
Site Admin

Postby badogg » Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 am

Took her out over the weekend and it was a lot of fun to shoot. Definitely different than all the other rifles I've fired, kind of has a springy feel and sound to it, but definitely fun. Not a single round failed to feed or eject. I need to zero in the sight though as they are way off right now.

I'll preface the rest of this with I have no idea where the hell we were, went to my buddies in Valley Springs and he drove us like 2 hours in to the mountains.

So on to the drama. We were shooting, had probably 10 guns up there and it is in the middle of freakin nowhere. at about 3:30 a dept of forestry lady comes up and talks to us and said that we were supposed to be done by 3:00. She asked if we saw the sign when we came in, and we didn't - so she made us walk down the road to read it. Yeah, it was obstructed by a tree and a bush so there was no way we could have seen it driving in - but it was there. The sign also said that the penalty is 5000.00 or 6 months in jail. So we were kind of trippin balls at that point.

So we go back to her truck and she is saying that she is more of an educational type person and it sounded like she was trying to get the law enforcement people to just give us a warning but they weren't going to have that. So we had to wait for the law enforcement person. When LE arrived, I thought "We're screwed" because it was a heavy set woman that just seemed to have attitude. But we were cool with her and she was pretty cool with us. Basically, she said that all of us could be cited or if one of us was willing to take the hit - one of us. So my buddy Joe before I could says "Right here, i'll take it!". So we are going to split the ticket - total of 525.00, so 175 each (3 of us).

So the lady is going over our guns which are all unloaded, and locked in their cases. Get's to my case and I tell her that their is an AR15 in there and she says "That's the one I'm looking for". I open the case and she says "Is that a legal length barrel on that?" and I say "Better be, it is right off the show room floor!". She checks the magazine release and plays around with the bullet button and says "alright, it's good to go!".
badogg

Postby DodgeThis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Nice looking AR man. Well, that lady is a trip to say the least.
DodgeThis

Return to Long Guns